Professor Roy Harkness
BIBLE PROPHECY WEBINAR
by Professor Roy Harkness - Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 07:45 AM

BS 480 AWE 16 03 W1 Harkness Sr Introduction to Biblical Prophecy WEBINAR- 4 WKS 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1/16 Webinar 6-8pm CDT Ends 8/22/16 (Mondays)

PROPHECY

Join Us For This Special Bible Prophecy Webinar!

There are three different attitudes one may take toward the future. The first is indifference, the second is fear and the third is hope. No intelligent person would take the first, no one needs to be ensnared in the second, but all can possess the third. There is comfort and hope for all believers who love and study the Bible. Paul wrote,

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope (Romans 15:4).

What is said here to be true of the Bible in general is, of course, true of the prophetic Scriptures.

One of the strongest fears which drive many to despair is the fear of the future. Most persons simply cannot have peace of mind unless they have a measure of certainty of what the next day will bring forth. Of this no man can be absolutely sure; and the awful dread of uncer­tainty robs the average person of peace of mind which may in turn create a spirit of despair and hopelessness. While the heart of the hopeless and fearful man is failing him, the Christian with an under­standing of Bible prophecy can face the future with confidence and comfort.

God Has a Plan !

Before ever the Bible was given to man, God had a plan, and we must remember that it is to that foreordained plan that He is working.

The Prophet Isaiah wrote by divine inspiration:

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness: I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory (Isaiah 46:9-13)

Here is a tremendous statement. Nowhere in the writings of mortal man can anything like it be found. The claims are supernatural, and therefore, they can apply to none other than God Himself. Here He declares Himself to be the self‑existent, eternal, sovereign, un­created One, “declaring the end from the beginning.”

Where has God declared the end from the beginning?

He has told it clearly on the pages of the Holy Scriptures. Holy men of God, guided by the Holy Spirit, wrote of great world events centuries before they were to come to pass. Since it is inherent in the heart of man to know the future, why should he not examine the prophetic Scriptures with an unbiased mind? The magicians, sorcerers, astrologers, divin­ers, enchanters and necromancers have all failed to predict accurately things of the future. Even today there are multiplied thousands who pay money to listen to palm readers, teacup readers and fortune telling by varied methods, all because of a deep desire to know the future. This desire is present in man because he has a future. The nations of the earth have a future, and God has a plan for the future.

No course of study on The Principles Of Biblical Interpretation could be complete if PROPHECY were omitted.

Prophecy constitutes a large part of the sacred Scriptures, therefore to neglect it or, as some have done, to utter a boasted contempt for the subject of prophecy, is to cast dishonor upon divine revelation. Moreover, if the prophecies were not in the Bible, the remainder of the Book would be meaningless.

The first ray of light and hope to come to the world immediately after the fall of man was the promise of a Redeemer (Genesis 3:15).

This first prediction is the pivotal prophecy of the entire Word of God.

While it is possible to enroll in a webinar right up to the day before class, students are strongly urged to enroll at least one week prior to the course start date so as to ensure timely book delivery from MBS. To enroll in one or more classes or for more information, please contact your Academic Advisor by calling 812-853-0611, or contact them by email at contact@trinitysem.edu. You may be able to substitute one of these courses for another course in your degree program, please check with your advisor for details.