Picture of Dr. Jeffery Forrey
BC 500: Evaluating Professional Social Science Literature/ RW 710 Empirical Research Methods Webinar
by Dr. Jeffery Forrey - Thursday, July 26, 2012, 10:01 AM

MAKING SENSE OF EMPIRICAL RESEARCH:
BC 500: Evaluating Professional Social Science Literature/
RW 710 Empirical Research Methods Webinar Added To Summer Schedule

8/14; 8/21; 8/28; 9/4, 6PM-8PM CST

If you are involved in a counseling, conflict management,management & leadership, or pastoral ministry program, you surely will be expected to interact with the empirical social-science research. If you are going to complete a master’s thesis or doctoral final writing project, your faculty readers will be looking for how you understand the social-science research literature!

Do you know why randomization is important in quantitative research? Do you even know what “quantitative research” is? Do you know when it is best to use ethnography or case study as a research design? Do you know what the basic elements of an experiment are? These and many other questions will be addressed in this 4-evening webinar course in order to help you do well in your coursework, complete a thesis, or write a doctoral final writing project.

Even beyond these “nuts & bolts” questions about empirical social-science research designs, we as Christians have a responsibility to ask, “How does empirical research—largely conducted by non-Christians—inform a Christian approach to life and ministry?” We cannot “love the LORD our God with all of our minds” and passively allow this question to go unanswered. Therefore, this question will be addressed as well in the webinar series.

I invite you to join me on this 4 week venture, exploring how empirical research might help us make better sense of living—and ministering—in God’s world. Contact your advisor to sign up for BC 500 or RW710 before 8/14/12. To enroll, please contact your Academic Advisor by calling 812-853-0611, or contact them by email at contact@trinitysem.edu. I look forward to talking to you and interacting with you.

Dr. Forrey